Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

virus lock down

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 oscelot

oscelot

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:18 PM

Help please! My computer is on complete lock down and I am at my wits end.

I was on Google Chrome when all of a sudden the screen was hijacked by a window that claimed to be from the department of justice. At this point, I couldn't do anything with the computer except force a reboot. Then, upon restart in normal mode, a dialog box comes up that says windows is shutting down because of the nt authority\system and that the dcom server process launcher terminated unexpectedly.

So far, I have tried to restart normally with no success. I've tried to restore to the last known good configuration with no success. I've tried to restart into safe mode but I get a blue screen that says to check for viruses on the computer. Lastly, I've tried to reboot the system with hitman which didn't work either. Normal system startup is working except for the nt authority system error and the hijack. Needless to say, I'm beyond frustrated at this point.

Please help. Thanks

Edited by Queen-Evie, 15 October 2014 - 07:03 AM.
moved from XP to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oscelot

oscelot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:53 PM

I think I posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry and thanks for the move.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:59 PM

Hello -

Do you know the name / version on the infection that you have, as they do change at times ??

Can you please leave a link to the version of repairs that you have attempted -

Thank You ......

#4 oscelot

oscelot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:31 AM

I haven't tried any repairs because I can't get on the os. I don't have a clue what to do...

#5 oscelot

oscelot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:49 PM

How can I dl/run the suggested programs without starting in normal mode or safe mode?

#6 oscelot

oscelot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:00 PM

It doesn't give me enough time to get a name or version number before it shuts down

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

Hello,

So what you are saying is that you have almost a Frozen or "Dead" Screen when you turn it on ??

Remove the Department of Justice Ransomware
Remove the Urausy FBI Ransomware Infection (Uninstall Guide)
Ransomware encrypted
Mandiant U.S.A Cyber Security Ransomware Removal Guide

If you are not able to follow any of these guides, please post to the Experts removal area.

Please follow the instructions in This Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

Try to create the requested logs, then make a New Topic and post it to the =>> Malware Removal Experts Area <== Not back here.

Copy and Paste any logs created, (do not attach them unless requested) and include a brief description of your problem and what you have done to try to resolve them.
Please note that the area can get a bit busy, so you may need to wait a day or more for a reply.

NOTE - If you cannot produce any of the logs, then please create the new topic anyway. Do not run more tools unless the experts request them.
Just describe your problem, and an Expert will help you when one is available.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users