Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Prontotec Axius 7 inch Tablet Firmware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 devinxxx

devinxxx

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:58 PM

Can anyone please guide or direct me to the firmware to a Prontotec 7 inch A23( 800x480) tablet that is stuck on boot logo. the Board id is PHT_W001_v2_002 dated 14/05/15. I checked the Prontotec website for firmware. the problem is the Touch is inverted, wifi doesnt work nor G-Sensor. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kewbla

Kewbla

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:38 PM

Have you tried contacting the company for the firmware? Does xda developers have a rom that will work for your device

#3 devinxxx

devinxxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:51 PM

I checked with the company's website and theres no firmware their links are broken. I tried everything possible.

#4 MarkMapo

MarkMapo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:34 PM

Hi,

I had the same problem - Touch screen was also not working.  Fortunately, I've played with these tables a lot.  Pop the case open, undo all the connectors and re-seat the connectors. 

To open the case, use an exacto-knife, but don't use the point of the blade! use the long sharp blade layed flat and place it at the middle of the seam between the 2 edges (start at the longest side first).  Once the blade is placed in the seam (where the back case meets the front screen - just above the actual screen), then rotate the knife so the case opens.  Stick your fingernail in the opening (and leave it there) and move the knife up 1 inch and repeat - walking around the entire screen.

Once it's open, don't pull the front & back halves too far apart (the wires for the speaker connect the 2 halves).  Turn the front (with the screen) over and you'll see amber cables that fit into white sockets.  On the white socket there is a gray bar.  On some of these connectors, the gray bar rotates up to release the cable, on others they pull out (towards the cable).  Don't pull to hard on these gray bars, just go slow and be patient.  Once the gray bar is rotated/moved back (they are always attached, so don't try to pull them all the way off), then pull the amber cables out.  I like to clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol, but usually just reseating them does the trick.  Then put the gray bars back to their original position.

When re-assembling the case, don't pinch wires, and check the power/volume buttons (I usually point the part of the case that has the buttons down, so gravity will hold those plastic pieces in).  Push the front/back haves together walking around the entire case (you'll hear a click when those plastic tabs catch).

As to firmware - I'm still looking for prototec's firmware selection too!

#5 devinxxx

devinxxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for the advice. I tried that and it didn't resolve the problem. After researching i found that The touch sensor is the GSL1680, the WIFI Expressif ESP8089. Dont know if this might be of any help. it also has the Allwinner A23 CPU. Thank you for your support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users