Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Access or Transfer USB data to computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

Greetings.  One of the results of a previous posting here was for me to re-install Windows 7 on my computer. Before I did that, I saved selected data to a USB stick. Thinking that it would be a simple matter to just put it back after the re-installation, I inserted the stick into a USB receptacle and   I can open the device to see all of the things listed, but if I click on any of them to read, I get pop-ups telling me  I can't. I have tried all of the available avenues to open, including; Adobe Reader, Pad, Notebook, IE, all of them to no avail. I even tried to send data to documents and it goes there, but when I open it, it's the same. I get Jibberish. Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaz20

kaz20

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:38 PM

well how exactly do you copy them into the flash drive.. and you dont need to copy adobe reader and IE, Pad, they will be on there when you reinstall.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:27 PM

Please...post the exact error messages that you receive when trying to access data.

Louis

#4 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:18 PM

Strangely enough, I figured this on out for myself., The file that I was trying to access was born via Excel and as soon as I completed the download of my Office 2003 I was able to access the file.Thank You for you help.  SOLVED

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:04 AM

Thanks for letting us know...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users