I routinely have 100+ mbps down and 20ish+ up. My internet connection isn't a problem. Well, normally. Recently, everytime I launch Counter Strike Global Offensive in particular, I'm almost always lagged out. Every once in a while I'll have unhindered gameplay, but then its back to being laggy and causing the internet to crash for my comp until I exit the game. I've noticed this happening on a few other steam games, but the problem doesn't replicate itself on most. None of my non-steam games suffer from this issue either. It's extremely frustrating because this problem is new. I've sunk a hundred hours or so into Counter Strike and this is the first I've seen of this issue.
I've done ludicrous amounts of googling on this issue but nothing seems to come up, even for people having the same problems as me. I'm lost. As far as finding solutions myself, I've hit a wall.
- Reinstalled CSGO
- unplugged my router and modem in every way possible, from the wall, from the devices themselves, waited 30 seconds, ect...
- restarted my computer about a hundred times
- virus scanned the crap out of my comp
- uninstalled any potential adware or spyware
- I've run registry cleaners and other similar programs.
- pulled out most of my hair.
If anyone knows any potential fix or even might have the slightest inkling of help they can provide, please tell me. I'm desperate. Thanks.