Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is adobe flash still necessary if im running chrome browser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BrySwy

BrySwy

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:35 PM

i was doing some reading somewhere about google chrome and flash players something about chrome pretty much has its own flash player and it updates right along with google when chrome updates is this true and if so is it even necessary to have the adobe flash program installed onto my computer any more or do i still need it

"My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we retain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists." -NIKOLA TESLA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:53 PM

I am finding Chrome does interact with IE so I would load it. In fact, I cannot  think of a single reason not to load it. In fact, all new computers that I setup for customers no matter who they are for I always and I mean I always make sure Adobe Flash and Reader are loaded no matter what. Lately been doing Java for finding I am needing it more now than before. 

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#3 BrySwy

BrySwy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

ok thanks alot i was just wondering because ive got something goin on with my computer that keeps popping up an update for adobeflash that looks pretty suspicious ive already made sure adobe was up to date from the website didnt know if deleting adobe would help it or not but again thank you for you info

"My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we retain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists." -NIKOLA TESLA

#4 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,617 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:10 PM

http://www.adobe.com/downloads.html

If you are suspicious about the update you are seeing for adobe flash player, check out the adobe website to download it from

Edit: Sorry, I missed this "already made sure adobe was up to date from the website"

"my computer that keeps popping up an update for adobeflash that looks pretty suspicious"

--- Since this is still happening you have very good reason for your suspicions

--- Maybe a little more description would help us help you eliminate those popups

Edited by cmptrgy, 17 October 2014 - 09:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users