I can't get my wife's laptop to connect to the internet. Here's what I've tried so far...
- Ran McAfee Internet Security to check for viruses and MalWare. It reported 2 potential PUPs and quarantined them
- Ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It found 4 potential PUPs and quarantined them
- I've reset the TCP/IP stack using netsh
- I've made sure the hosts file has not been modified
- I've verified the DNS settings
- I've checked the startup list for this system and made sure I know what everything is, and disabled anything I didn't recognize
- I've removed the network adapters from my wife's system and let Windows reinstall them
- I've disabled wireless and just tried wired
- I've reset the computer and router countless times throughout all this
- I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things that I've tried...
I have another laptop and two smart phones attached to the same router/modem which are working fine. I can ping my wife's system and her system can ping mine. Her system can see our network printer. Any attempts to try and access a website gets "This page can't be displayed" message in Internet Explorer and Firefox just sits at a "New Tab" and doesn't give any error message.
Any thoughts on additional things to try?