Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing password at the start

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nwarde

nwarde

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

I've right clicked my pc, then Manage, then System Tools but can't seem to find User folder anywhere. Am I doing it correctly, or is it (User folder) named something else?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YuriP

YuriP

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:03 PM

I've right clicked my pc, then Manage, then System Tools but can't seem to find User folder anywhere. Am I doing it correctly, or is it (User folder) named something else?

Hello

Are you looking to remove the prompt for a username and password at the boot login? You can do this by pressing Windows + R then Netplwiz and then deselect users need to provide.... and apply those settings (step by step here)

Or are you looking for something else?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:37 AM

YuriP is on the right track, but there's some information which needs to be added in order to accomplish this.

To remove the Windows log-in password click or tap on Search, then type cmd in the  search box under Apps.

Command Prompt will appear under Apps., right click on it and choose Run as administrator at the bottom of the page.

After the Elevated Commad Prompt opens type in netplwiz and press Enter.

User Accounts will open, you will need to remove the check from Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer

Click on OK.

useraccount_zpsd857a02f.png

Another window will open requesting that you enter your user name and password, do this, then click on OK.  This will remove your password and you will no longer be prompted for it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 nwarde

nwarde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:54 PM

Thanks, YuriP and dc3. I will try those now.

I was on Vista for years. Just recently bought a new laptop thats Windows 8, so I want to make everything on there to look like I'm still on Vista.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:32 PM

If you want to make Windows 8 more like Vista or Windows 7 download Classic Shell.

This will make a Start button and a Start menu with options you are more use to seeing.

I'm using this, and I know a lot of the staff is using it as well.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users