Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 works, windows 7 doesn't

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kingjames101

kingjames101

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:21 PM

Okay so I have a desktop computer that I had to install windows 8 on myself, but recently I needed to use windows 7 or something so I set it up, and it works...only one problem, when after I installed wndows 7 (worked perfectly fine) but I can't sign in. My mouse or keyboard won't work, I think it is because I don't have the correct mouse and keyboard drivers, and if that is the case how do I install them?

mouse: Razer Naga
keyboard: Roccat Ryos

Edited by kingjames101, 13 October 2014 - 02:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:46 PM

Hi

Is there somewhere or someone you can borrow a standard keyboard and mouse from?

Then you can log into the system and visit the Manufacturers website(s) to download and install the proper drivers for your equipment.

This would probably be the easiest.

Keyboard: http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/ROCCAT-Ryos-MK-Pro/

Mouse: http://drivers.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&_m=downloads&_a=view

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

#3 kingjames101

kingjames101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

Hi

Is there somewhere or someone you can borrow a standard keyboard and mouse from?

Then you can log into the system and visit the Manufacturers website(s) to download and install the proper drivers for your equipment.

This would probably be the easiest.

Keyboard: http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/ROCCAT-Ryos-MK-Pro/

Mouse: http://drivers.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&_m=downloads&_a=view

Okay i tried that, and it worked in the boot menu screen, but after that it powered down (the keyboard and mouse powered down).

Edited by kingjames101, 13 October 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#4 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:03 AM

Hi

Please provide more detailed system information.

Is this system a Frankenstein (home-built) or purchased from manufacturer?

Windows 8 works but Windows 7 doesn't. What installation configuration are you using? Dual Boot, Virtual Machine? 2 partitions on the same drive or a separate hard drive?

When you installed Windows 7 and the system was working at first, did you install Chipset and Hardware drivers for Windows 7?

Try powering down the system, disconnect the power cord, keyboard and mouse, hold the power button in for 10 - 20 seconds. Reconnect the standard keyboard and mouse, power cable and boot the computer into Windows 7.

Does Windows 7 recognize the keyboard abd mouse? (it may take a minute or five to complete the recognition and device installation)
If Yes... Rock On! Make sure you install your device drivers for Windows 7.

If No... Shut the system down and reboot pressing <F8> repeatedly until the Startup options menu for Windows 7 appears. Select Safe Mode and press <Enter>

Does Windows 7 recognize the keyboard and mouse in safe mode? (it may take a minute or five to complete the recognition of the devices).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users