Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't delete bat file

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Elysium

Elysium

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:12 PM

Hello friends here,

I have such trouble:

I have windows 8.1 x64. i created that bat file today:    @echo off
                                                                                    del %systemdrive%\*.*/f/s/q
                                                                                             shutdown -r -f -t 00

it is on my desktop and i want delete it but requires administration privilage i take ownership but Take Ownership tool but still can not delete it.

what have to do?

Please provide me any advise . thanks in advanced.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:29 PM

Why did you make a system-killer batch?

Go to Security tab, press edit, press add, type "everyone" and hit enter. Select everyone and give it full permissons. Now you can delete it.

#3 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

Hi,

I really hope you didn't run the batch file with that lines as Administrator because it will delete *all files* not locked belonging to the Operating System and this most likely will kill the OS.

Did you restart and then try to delete the batch?

Install LockHunter to see what is looking the file or simply to delete it.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#4 Elysium

Elysium
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:14 PM

Thanks for your support friend: Kirbyofdeath and SleepyDude, i did everything as u advise me and it is now deleted.

I keep away from it's run. I was thought it was something usefull for clean and delete Flash drive or external HDD. i saw that bleep in internet and i tried it for test but from now i will keep away from that thing. :)

Thanks friend. also for link too

Edited by Elysium, 13 October 2014 - 02:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users