Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

YouTube causes AMD display driver to crash in Chrome

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 miso2112

miso2112

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:22 PM

This is a pretty weird error I've been getting for a few days now. Every other video or so when I watch them on YouTube while using Chrome causes my AMD display driver to become unresponsive and then recover. What usually happens is one video will briefly display a warning that I need to download the latest edition of Adobe Flash (which I already have) before loading and playing properly, then if I click on a related video my screen freezes, goes black, displays my system clock with the incorrect time (it's always correct when it returns), and then informs me my "display driver AMD driver" has recovered. The video proceeds to play normally after that.

I've put this in this forum because it's a strange error that I believe has to do with Chrome, not my computer or YouTube itself- I can watch YouTube videos embedded in other sites just fine and the error doesn't seem to be occurring while using Firefox, even with Chrome running in the background. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome (which worked but only briefly), restarting my computer (both by going to shut down -> restart and holding down the power button), and simply closing and opening Chrome. None of these solutions worked and MalwareBytes isn't picking up anything out of the ordinary. I'm running Windows 8, and none of my other friends using YouTube on Chrome are having any problems, leading me to believe something is wrong with my install of Chrome in particular- like I said, it doesn't happen when I use YouTube on Firefox or when I watch embedded YouTube videos. It only occurs when I directly go to YouTube and watch videos there while using Chrome. Please try to keep explanations simple, by the way- I'm a bit frazzled from doing every practical thing I could think of before coming here! Thank you in advance (and thanks for all the help in the time I've been coming to you guys!).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users