Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Ult 64x Unbootable,code 6.1.7600.16385 after installing program

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 RichUrm

RichUrm

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:18 PM

Windows 7 Ult 64x Unbootable, Problem code 6.1.7600.16385 after installing EaseUS ToDo backup   system recovery startup repair not able to fix the startup, returning the above problem code. 

When I boot with the windows install disc it seems that i end up back at the system recovery startup repair and the same result.

I am notified that there are no restore points.

At one point, I lost the use of my keyboard and at another, the drives were mis-numbered.  I removed the button battery for 30 minutes and am now back with only the original unbootable system.

1.  Ideally, I would like to fix and restore booting on this drive.

2.  Secondarily, would I be able to virtualize this drive to a virtual machine on another PC if it could boot as a virtual drive???

3.  least attractive would be to do a fresh install of the OS to another disk and at least have access to the data.

I have many registered programs and configurations that would be lost in the last scenario.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please let me know what info you need.

Regards,

RuchUrm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RichUrm

RichUrm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:02 AM

Last night, I ran chkdsk c: /f.

Although I didn't see any thing that stood out in the screen output, at the end I received this message:

USN journal verification completed
The second NTFS boot sector is unwritable
Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50

Could this have something to do with the inability to start up?  Do I need to run something to fix the second sector?

Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 13 October 2014 - 09:15 AM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:53 AM

It sounds like you may have a problem with your hdd.

If you know  who the manufacturer of your hdd is, please post this information.

Because you can not boot into Windows you will need a diagnostic tool which can be burned to a disc which you will boot from to run the diagnostic.

Notice:  SeaTools for DOS will run on all manufacturer's hard drives, but may not recognize the hard drive if the Storage Configuration is not set in a configuration which SeaTools will recognize. 

If the motherboard has a Intel SATA controller the storage configuration for SATA must be set to AHCI.

If the mohterboard has a Marvel SATA controller the storage configuration for SATA must be set to IDE.

To determined how your storage is configured open the Device Manager and click on IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.This will expand the tree allowing you to see your storage configuration.

If you need to change the configuration you will have to go into the BIOS to make the change.

Please download SeaTool for DOS.

When the SeaTools for DOS website opens click on I Accept, then click on the Download button in step #4.

This download is a ISO image which you will need to burn to a CD in order to create a bootable disc with which to run the diagnostic tests.

To burn this ISO file to a CD or DVD use the instructions below.

Notice:  This applies only to Windows 7 and Windows 8, earlier versions do not have this.

1.  Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.

2.  After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.

3.  When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane.  Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it.  Click on Burn Disk Image.

4.  In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use.  Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn.  Click on burn.

burndiskimage1_zpsb502b181.png

5.  In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.

burndiskimage2_zps17a9d6ff.png

6.  After the image has completed being burned click on Close

Once the disc is created load it in the CD/DVD drive and restart the computer.

Please note:  You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hdd is the second device.

Please run the short test and include the results in your next post in this topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 RichUrm

RichUrm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:05 PM

The hard drive is a western digital Sata3 1 TB.

The MB is a Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H  http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3516#sp

the I/O is the ITE IT8720 chip. Is that the intel chip you mentioned?  Does that mean I should set or leave the bios at AHCI?

I am unable to get to the Windows 7 desktop to view device manager, but I can get into the bios.

I am downloading seatools, but have already downloaded ubcd532.iso and Hirem's boot CD 11.1 (have not burned or used them).

Can more than one iso be burned on a CD? Alternatively can they be placed on a USB stick?

Other than seatools, I will not run anything until you tell me to do so.  Just wanted to let you know what I might have available.

I will try to be responsive, but there seems to be some type of outbreak here in Florida, so I am a bit under the weather.

Thanks for your help,

RichUrm

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:05 PM

Since we know that this is a Western Digital let's use their diagnostic tool.

The instructions for creating the disc are for a computer running Windows 7 or 8/8.1.  If you are running an earlier version let me know and I will provide you with another means of creating the disc.

For Windows 7 or 8

Please download Data Lifeguard for DOS (this is Western Digital's diagnostic tool for their hdds).

This is a zip file, to extract the file you will need a program like 7-zip to extract the ISO image.

This will download a ISO image which you will burn to a CD to create a bootable disc.

1.  Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.

2.  After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.

3.  When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane.  Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it.  Click on Burn Disk Image.

4.  In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use.  Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn.  Click on burn.

burndiskimage1_zpsb502b181.png

5.  In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.

burndiskimage2_zps17a9d6ff.png

6.  After the image has completed being burned click on Close

In order to boot from this disc you may need to enter the BIOS to change the boot order so that the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device and the hdd the second device.

Insert the disc in the optical drive and restart the computer and follow the prompts.  Run the short test.

Please post the results.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 RichUrm

RichUrm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:40 PM

I downloaded dlgdiag_5_22.zip from the link provided.  Data Lifeguard for DOS   It does not appear to contain an ISO file, but rather an exe file, so I unpacked it and loaded on a USB stick.  I then ran the exe file from the command line of startup repair, but it said that this version of the program was not compatible with my version of Windows (Win7 ULT 64bit.)  

Did I download the wrong file somehow?

Thanks,

Rich

#7 RichUrm

RichUrm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:50 AM

Last night, I ran the WD diagnostic tool dlgdiag_5_22 that you asked for using the extended test

the results were:
WDC WD1002FAEX-0023A0
Firmware 05.01.D45
No errors found. Error status code 0000

So, is it possible that we are not dealing with a bad sector, but maybe we are dealing just with a corrupted file?

I have the ubcd532 boot disc to run any diagnostics you might want.  http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/index.html

Rich

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:14 AM

The 6.1.7600.16385 is a driver, not an error code.

http://www.driverscape.com/download/microsoft-ac-adapter

All of the information I've found on the "Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50" points to either a badly corrupted hdd or a failing hdd.

If you are still able to run chkdsk, please run chkdsk / r.  Unplug all USB devices except for a keyboard or mouse and then run the scan.

I had specifically requested that you run the short (quick) test of the Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for DOS.  The short (quick) test will look for physical problems where the extended test will attempt to make repairs and can damage data.

Please do only what I request.  Doing otherwise can result in additional problems.

Download and run the Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows and run the extended test.

#9 RichUrm

RichUrm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:49 AM

"Windows 7 Ult 64x Unbootable Problem code 6.1.7600.16385"

Thanks for the clarification.  i had read that as "problem code...", rather than Unbootable Problem,  code...

My apologies.  I did notice that you had asked for the short test, but only remembered after I had already run the extended test.  There was so much time and difficulties getting the WD program for dos (not an ISO) on a bootable disk, and it was late at night, so I was not as careful as I should have been.

If I understand correctly, you want me to disconnect all usb devices except keyboard and mouse and run "chkdsk /r"   ?

Then I should download Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows (does this run off a boot disk?)  and run the extended test?

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:58 AM

If I understand correctly, you want me to disconnect all usb devices except keyboard and mouse and run "chkdsk /r"   ?

Then I should download Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows (does this run off a boot disk?)  and run the extended test?

Yes, this is what I would like for you to do, and the order in which to do this.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:00 AM

When you receive this error you should see something similar to what I've posted below.

Problem Signature
Problem Event Name:    StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21201026
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 23
Problem Signature 07: CorruptFile
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

If you can, please make a screenshot of this and post it in your topic.

How to make a screenshot

1. Download and run A Thousand Words .

2. Follow the wizard to capture a screenshot

3. Use the built-in editor to resize, edit, or re-capture your screen shot. 

4. Your screen shot will be saved to your desktop when you finish the wizard.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png 

#12 RichUrm

RichUrm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:47 PM

My error screen is similar.  

Your instructions seem clear, but I am feeling very confused about their application.

The instructions say to save the screen shot to the desktop.  What desktop?  

Scenario:

I try to boot up, and go to startup repair, where I receive the aforementioned message.  How do I run "a thousand words" and from what Media source (USB stick, CD?), while still keeping the message on the screen?  Is there a command line after the message?

Sorry, but I am having trouble conceptualizing the entire process, especially from what media to run the screenshot program,  before or after running the startup repair, and where to save the results?

Thanks,

RichUrm

#13 RichUrm

RichUrm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:09 PM

There appears to be an overriding issue that complicates running the startup repair diagnostic as you requested.  Something within in my setup seems to be changing my drive letters.  For instance, from the command prompt, I went to check the files on the C: partition, but, the files displayed are not from the normal boot drive/partition.  The normal C drive files were displayed  on the D: drive.  Of course it wont boot if it is looking at the wrong partition.

Doesn't running the startup repair diagnostic give inconclusive results if looking at the incorrect partition/drive letter.

#14 RichUrm

RichUrm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:48 AM

Should I continue with your instructions re: the initial boot problem, or should we address the issue of inconsistent drive letters, or should I open up a new topic regarding the changing C drive/partition?  (BIOS or Windows startup files, or?)

Thanks,

Rich

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:11 AM

My error screen is similar.  

Your instructions seem clear, but I am feeling very confused about their application.

The instructions say to save the screen shot to the desktop.  What desktop?

Scenario:

I try to boot up, and go to startup repair, where I receive the aforementioned message.  How do I run "a thousand words" and from what Media source (USB stick, CD?), while still keeping the message on the screen?  Is there a command line after the message?

Sorry, but I am having trouble conceptualizing the entire process, especially from what media to run the screenshot program,  before or after running the startup repair, and where to save the results?

Thanks,

RichUrm

Below is a picture of a desktop.

screenshot_zps21068244.png

Can you get online and download the "A Thousand Words"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users