Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add wi-fi to PC?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Roxabox

Roxabox

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

Hello, I just ordered all the necessary parts for my very first PC build! :lol: Now I'm wondering how would I go about making my computer's internet wi-fi capable so I don't have to run ethernet cables all over my house? I bought this motherboard. Is this a feature that's generally already included with the motherboard or would I have to get a WLAN card?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TNF

TNF

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

I see no mention in the literature that that board has wifi.  It's not something they would hide away... it would be pretty visible in the product info.

This is what you will want:  An internal wifi adapter card

That was just the first one I saw... there are many brands of course.   

Just make sure you have one that can handle your router speeds.

Others will likely have more opinions.

I've used these and I've used the type that plug into a rear USB port.   They both did fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users