Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ADchoice

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lango

lango

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:10 AM

Hello

Anybody know how to get rid of the ADchoice popups, I have win7 pro. thanks

Edited by hamluis, 12 October 2014 - 05:17 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:30 AM

Just my initial coffee-fueled thought/question:

Have you run a Full Scan with your A/V?

And, once that's been completed, run the Threat Scan with MBAM - you can use the Free Version to tackle this (I'm pretty sure) and please note that MBAM is not the same as an Anti-Virus program. It's meant to compliment many of the AV's out there.

If you don't have it, you can find it here. Upon installation, you can decline (if you're so inclined to do so) the Free Trail Version and it will still work fine, it just won't have the Real Time Protection enabled.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,307 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:32 AM

Adware is like rats...you see one there is always 10 or more you don't see. Suggest using these programs that

have had success in finding and removing adware and malware. MBAM is good to use, too...as suggested by Winterland.

download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Delete.
Confirm each time with Ok.
You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

• download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message
  • Run the ESET Online Scanner.
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

Use CCleaner to cleanup the caches, temporary files, cookies, etc. Pay attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars...especially Yahoo.

No need to use the Registry Cleaning Tool and it has the potential to cause a problem if used.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:44 AM

Hey there lango, looks like the Calvary has arrived and buddy215 is way more qualified than I am at these things, so you should have your ADchoice problem solved shortly.  :guitar:

Enjoy the day!

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,307 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

If it turns out that those are Google ads then you can choose to opt out and other settings for those ads

in this link: Ads Settings

BUT, some sites may not allow you to participate on their site if you block Google's ads. Google will sometimes 

on those sites still show ads but they are just not 'targeted' ads.

See here for more info: Goodbye "Ads By Google" & Hello "AdChoices" As Google's Backs Industry Label Effort

Edited by buddy215, 12 October 2014 - 01:11 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users