Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

~ How do I clean/delete/remove files from Quarantine in AdwCleaner ? ~

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ComboFix_Noob

ComboFix_Noob

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:04 AM

Is there a way to remove all the files are that Quarantined ?

~ yoyo ~

Edited by ComboFix_Noob, 12 October 2014 - 06:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:14 AM

The only way I have found is by uninstalling.

#3 ComboFix_Noob

ComboFix_Noob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:27 AM

Thanks.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:06 AM

AdwCleaner is a stand-alone tool which does not require installation so there is no uninstaller which adds itself to Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs).

To remove AdwCleaner and all of its related files and folders, double-click the AdwCleaner icon on your Desktop to run the tool again.
  • Click on the Uninstall button.
  • Click Yes when asked are you sure you want to uninstall.
  • Both AdwCleaner.exe, its folder and all logs will be removed.
AdwCleaner is frequently updated and can be redownloaded when needed again. In fact, if using an outdated version you will be prompted to download the newest one. If you only want to delete the contents of the Quarantine folder, just right-click on it and choose delete. The folder will be recreated the next time AdwCleaner is run.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 reward01

reward01

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:16 AM

I found in C:\AdwCleaner (location may be different on your system) is where the scan Report .txt files are stored along with a folder named "Quarantine".

I was able to delete the Quarantine Folder (which was recreated on next scan run) and that cleared the Quarantine Management list.

So you can create a simple command file and put on your desktop that you can run on demand to clear the Quarantine folder as you need to.

Do not know why they would not have an option in Quarantine Management Console to clear items!?!

I do not want to Uninstall whenever I want to clear the Quarantine myself, I have found this to be a handy tool to run periodically as an extra step to protect my systems!

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:49 AM

AdwCleaner creates a folder located at C:\AdwCleaner when first run. AdwCleaner.txt logs (and the Quarantine folder) are all stored in that folder.

When an anti-virus or security program quarantines a file (item) and moves it into a virus vault (virus chest) or a dedicated Quarantine folder, that file is safely held there and no longer a threat. The file is essentially disabled and prevented from causing any harm to your system through proprietary security routines which may copy, rename (usually by adding a .vir extension), encrypt and password protect the file as part of the process.

Quarantine is just an added safety measure which allows you to view and investigate the files while keeping them from harming your computer. One reason for doing this is to prevent the permanent deletion of a legitimate file that may have been incorrectly flagged (a "false positive") and placed in quarantine. If the file is confirmed as legitimate, it can be safely restored from quarantine.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users