Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Am Infected (i Think) With W32.licum

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 azurecuzyeah

azurecuzyeah

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 03:39 PM

Hi recently my nortan antivirus has been finding a W32.Licum virus infecting certain .exe's. It seems to focus on my games for some reason. It constantly is in my battlefield 2, and warcraft 3 folder. The autoprotect will start off with one file that will be listed as infected but then cleaned and continue infecting around 10-20 exe's before it stops. In the end result it doesn't seem to do much damage I don't think because they are "cleaned" but every so often I have to reinstall these games and other random programs it attacks because when I double click the icons for them they won't start up at all. I have my virus definitions up to date and I use a corporate symantic antivirus 2005 (My college gave it to me, not really sure what verson it is.)

I am running windows xp pro and I have done many virus scans and nothing is found. What else should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 03:42 PM

Hello azurecuzyeah,
Try following this guide:
W32.licum Virus
Hope this helps to get rid of it,
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 azurecuzyeah

azurecuzyeah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2006 - 03:50 PM

I already did that. It finds nothing.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2006 - 04:02 PM

Download and scan with Sysclean Package.
1. Create a new folder on drive "C:\" ("C:\New Folder") and rename it Sysclean.
2. Place the sysclean.com inside that folder.
3. Then download the latest Virus Pattern Files (lptXXX.zip).
4. Extract the lptXXX.zip pattern file into the same folder you created for sysclean.com.
5. Close all open applications and DISABLE your current anti-virus software. Some anti-virus programs such as Avast will alert you to a virus attack when running sysclean so it's best to disable them first.
6. Open the Sysclean folder and double-click on sysclean.com to run.
7. It will take some time to complete. Be patient and let it clean whatever it finds.
8. Exit when done and re-enable your anti-virus program.

Try performing your scan in "SAFE MODE".

Then perform these online Virus scans:
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]
Panda ActiveScan
Trend Micro Housecall Scan
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users