Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DistributedCOM 10016: Computer Freezing Then Eventually BSOD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Celestriel

Celestriel

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:58 PM

I recentently had to rebuild most of my computer as my friend had spilled cough syrup over most of the parts. I had to replace the Motherboard, CPU and GPU. I kept in the old hard-drives, ram and diskdrive as they had not been spilled on. I had reformatted my computer with a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate.

Ever since I had replaced the parts, My computer has been getting the BSOD. It occurs sporadically meaning I can sometimes go a day or two without it happening, but nonetheless it always comes back. It only ever occurs when watching a video, or playing a game. It has yet to happen when just idling, or upon boot. Whenever it happens, I first lose control over the mouse and keyboard. The video keeps on playing normally, however, the audio starts playing in a jagged, robotic-like tone. If I leave the computer in this state, after about 10-15 minutes it eventually gives me the BSOD. I am forced to hold down the power button to turn it off. Upon restart however, it boots up and starts performing again normally without issue.

I had checked the event log under 'System Errors' and right before the crash the only error appearing is:

DistributedCOM

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{22279AF5-03AE-4CAF-989D-2530918B2F1C}
and APPID
{0773CCD6-59A2-4D26-B235-19247767E645}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Whatever the issue is, this "DistributedCOM" definitely has something to do with it. Any Help would be GREATLY appreciated as I am unable to use my computer productively due to it being unstable.

All my drivers are up to date, including my bios which I had flashed with a USB.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Celestriel

Celestriel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:59 PM

If anyone can provide me with a working sollution, I will put $10 into their paypal account. I know it's not much, but I don't have a lot of money and I suppose it's better than nothing.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:09 PM

Please...this is a volunteer forum where members provide suggestions/comments...for no other reason than the fact that they are trying to help.  Don't insult any member by posting any promise, false or true, of money.  Thank you.  This is not a business, we are not employees, we sell neither goods nor services...we try to help.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users