I am using a PC running Windows XP (SP3) and Chrome version 38.0.2125.101.
For a few months now, Google Chrome displays text in a hard to read way. The problem is the spacing between letters, e.g. a bigger space after every "w" right now; not sure if the problem is stable (sometimes the "e"s get jammed next to whatever letter they're next to.
The problem is NOT unsharp rendering of fonts.
I have tried: changing the font settings; updating Chrome; restoring all the settings to the default settings; enabling or disabling DirectWrite. None of them affect the problem.
Oddly, no matter what I do, all text is displayed in Arial. That's true even if I change the font setting to use Times New Roman for standard, serif, and sans-serif text.
Thanks for ideas,