Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best online shops for computers / gear?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dirkk

Dirkk

• Members
  • 274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:48 PM

What are the best, most reliable, cheapest shops for computers, electronics, gear?

Windows 10 Home, 64bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:53 PM

pricewatch.com is what I use for getting deals then check reviews of what comes up.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Dirkk

Dirkk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 274 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

Thank you, Animal.

Windows 10 Home, 64bit

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

You're quite welcome. Hopefully others will share their methods for finding the best deals as well.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 kcstueber

kcstueber

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

Hi Dirkk,

I find the prices, customer service, many buyer reviews are very good at Amazon. With the volume I purchase from them, having a Prime account makes great sense for the 2 day shipping on almost all items. Regarding the customer service, it's hard to find any online or brick and mortar store that can come close. I also purchase at NewEgg and others, but I don't find the experience to be equal Amazons. I use the other benefits that the Amazon Prime membership offers also.

Based on your local time, I'm assuming you're in the US, as I am.

Happy shopping,

Kurt

Edited by kcstueber, 16 October 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#6 Dirkk

Dirkk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 274 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:35 AM

Hello Kurt,

No, I am in Germany, I just left the default time setting on this board, sorry.

Alrigt, it (almost) sounds a bit like advertisement. I didn't think of Amazon - actually I do not know, why - when I was wondering where one could buy such products.

I will have a closer look at Amozon.

Many thanks.

Windows 10 Home, 64bit

#7 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:28 AM

What are the best, most reliable, cheapest shops for computers, electronics, gear?

I prefer Amazon

When I was a PC builder I got most if not all my stuff at NewEgg

I don't have a real reason but I personally avoid Ebay but I know people that swear by that place

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#8 mainer21

mainer21

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:01 AM

I use the Invisible Hands Chrome extension. Works quite well.

InvisibleHand gets you the lowest price on shopping, flights, hotels & rental cars. Automatically.
InvisibleHand shows a discreet notification when there are lower prices available on the product, flight, hotel or rental car you're shopping for. It gives you a link directly to the lowest price.

h**p://www.getinvisiblehand.com/

#9 Dirkk

Dirkk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 274 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:11 PM

OK, I will check out / compare NewEgg and Amazon when I have anything to buy the next time.

Many thanks for the link, sounds interesting and that Invisible Hands add on is available for Firefox as well, I will try it.

Windows 10 Home, 64bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users