Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for a copy of Knoppix 5.1

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:11 PM

I am searching for a copy of Knoppix 5.1 (current version is 7). I really like that program for pulling data off corrupted hard OSs, and I don't know what the heck happened to my disk! Searched everywhere for it....I might have loaned it to someone and forgot who. If anyone could post it to Dropbox or ??? let me know, or tell me where to download it on the 'net. I can't find any versions of it for download anywhere.  Thanks!

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

Hi,

Looks like this link should work, let me know if it does.

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:57 PM

Thanks Toffee, unfortunately all the links are dead. I would have thought that at least one would be good, but none are active. I have also posted in the Linux Forum, maybe someone there will respond. I hope.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:00 PM

Hi,

The wayback machine has a copy of the link that works. Select the May 27th blue circle and the download should start.

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#5 ranchhand_

ranchhand_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:38 PM

Hello again..... unfortunately the file that downloads is only 62.1k. Imgburn recognizes it as an ISO, but at 62k it's not the complete 626 meg file.  I tried 3 times with same results. I don't think it's my computer, I download all the time with no problems. Thanks for your interest.

#6 ranchhand_

ranchhand_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:52 PM

Hey again..... I found a working link if anyone is interested...

http://mirror.cs.utah.edu/pub/knoppix/

Thanks much, Toffee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users