Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant system restore my gateway, windows 8

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lordsoth_13

lordsoth_13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:13 PM

Hello I am new here and just have a quick question. I am running windows 8, my computer os a gateway, model sx2110 and it is super slow so i wanted to do a factory reset on it, problem is that when I go to change pc settings and then click on recovery and try to reset my pc i always get an error message saying "there was a problem resetting your pc, no changes were made." So i tried to go to my gateway program files, and I clicked on gateway recovery management and tried to run the system restore there, but when I did that, nothing happened, it just loaded so i waited for a whole day and the computer never did anything else besides load. I tried restarting it doing the alt+f10 and f8 etc. But my computer wont launch any kind of boot menu at startup, so i was just wondering if there is any way to reset my computer because I dont have a recovery disk. Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Edited by hamluis, 10 October 2014 - 03:54 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

Welcome,

It sounds like you have an infection problem. I'm going to ask a moderator to move your message to the 'amI infected' forum so that you can get the expert assistance you need. Read the instructions and follow directions exactly so that you can get the best possible results as quickly as possible.

Keep us posted

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:55 PM

Try this:

http://gateway-us.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2631/session/L3RpbWUvMTQxMjk3NDQ4Ny9zaWQvUlpVQzh5NG0%3D

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users