Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

24 pin modular cable for Corsair RM1000 PSU

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Juliasdream

Juliasdream

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

I have a brand new MSI ATX motherboard and a Corsair RM1000 PSU. The problem I'm having is that the 24 poin cable supplied with the PSU wont stay seated to the Mboard connector

I push it down as hard as I dare and the clip never clicks. Its as though it wont go in all the way

The cable is very stiff

I'm wondering if it is possible to find the same modular cable with less stiff wiring

If anyone could advise

I am in the UK by the way

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:22 PM

Try putting your fingers or something behind the board so you aren't bending the board too much (which is presumably your fear of pushing too hard) and then push harder (within reason) and maybe it will click. Or take the motherboard out of the case and see close up why it's not clicking (also this way you could press it together without bending the board at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users