Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

31 dllhost.exe COM Surrogate processes running

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 watsford

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:55 AM

The past few days I've noticed a huge slow down in my computer's speed.  I opened up the task manager and there were 31 dllhost.exe COM Surrogate processes running and taking up 100% cpu usage.  After killing these processes the computer seemed to go back to running normally, but about 5 minutes later they reappeared and brought my pc to a grinding hault.  I've read several forums about this issue, but I know every situation is unique and I'm really hoping that I can get some help.

Running windows 7 64 bit.  Again, any help is GREATLY appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rootk

• Malware Response Team
  • 234 posts
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:23 PM

HI. I'm Rootk and I will be helping you with your problem.

We need to see some additional information about what is happening in your machine.

Please perform the following scan:

• Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool.
  • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs
    1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
  • The instructions here ask you to attach the Attach.txt.
  • Instead of attaching, please copy/paste both logs into your next reply.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.

Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.
After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection.
Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE

#3 watsford

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for the response Rootk.  I'm away from the computer for the weekend, but will run the scan on Monday and post back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users