Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thumbnail view in USB Drive

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 newf_1

newf_1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:07 AM

I recently purchased a new kingston flash drive. I made a small .inf file with a small .ico file to give the drive something recognizable. The problem I have is that it always starts with the thumbnails view and shows picture tasks on the right sidebar. How can I get it to open in the Icon or tiles view instead? I hate thumbnails!

Attached Files

Edited by newf_1, 10 October 2014 - 02:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:19 AM

If you go to View in the Menu bar and change from Thumbnails to icons, you revert back to Thumbnails when the drive is opened again?

#3 newf_1

newf_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

Yes. It's quite annoying. Since yesterday though it seems to be opening in icons as previously selected. Don't know though how long this will lasts. Thanx JohnC for any info / help you can give. I keep forgetting not to add pictures to new flashdrives first. That seems to be the advice from so many teckies what not to do to omit getting thumbnails as the opening style of files. 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,449 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:23 AM

Once you set the folder view to icons, you can tell XP to use it for all folders but I believe this is global.

http://www.xp-tips.com/all-folders-view.html

#5 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:16 PM

Once you set the folder view to icons, you can tell XP to use it for all folders but I believe this is global.

http://www.xp-tips.com/all-folders-view.html

JOHN C :thumbup2:

you are the man of the day, I was about to ask this question in the photo section, as i am looking for a real sreen saver there better then picasa.  i restore art, have thousands of pic files ineed to open first time in thumbnail, and nothing has been more frustrating then to have files come up on list or icon, as with a 5000 pic file they can change slow from list to folder,thumbnail as they fill in.

I have asked not less then 20 people  how to change everthing to folders, always been told "you can't or don't think you can"

thank youi very much

jimbotoo :bubbles:

Edited by jimbotoo, 14 October 2014 - 08:20 PM.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,449 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:50 PM

Glad I was able to help. Hopefully is helped the OP also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users