Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help!!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 wecam

wecam

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:25 AM

I was searching for a test bank for one of my college classes and I paid and downloaded what was supposed to be an electronic copy of the test bank. However, when I went to download the electronic test bank, it took forever to download and when it did I ended up with a whole lot of programs on my computer. I tried to delete most of them (at least the ones that I could find) but know my computer is acting really weird. When I am surfing the web, the pages will sometimes just change on there own. Worse yet, my Avast antivirus program went off a bunch of times when I tried to update my RoboForm program and now I can't update any programs. I should've never opened that program and hope that you can fix what I so carelessly did.

wecam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:46 AM

Hello wecam,

I thought that you may have had memories of your last few infections -

I was searching for a test bank for one of my college classes and I paid and downloaded what was supposed to be an electronic copy of the test bank.

We will run through the basic programs that we usually find will remove this .................

Please download and run RKill by Grinler.

• A black DOS box will appear for a short time and then disappear.
  • This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • At most the tool will usually run for about 2 minutes

Please Copy and Paste the log back here.

Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.

NOW :

• Download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
     * Vista / Windows 7 / 8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button (only once)
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button only once for accuracy.
  • A report (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for your review.
  • Check the listed removals and see if you are OK with them.
  • If you have questions, post the Report log back here.

Next

• Click on the Clean button only once for accuracy
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK finally to allow AdwCleaner to Restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a log report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
    Copy and Paste the contents of that log in your next reply.

Note: With most Adware / Junkware / PUPs it is strongly recommended to deal with it like a legitimate program and uninstall from Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. In many cases, using the uninstaller of the adware not only removes the adware more effectively, but it also restores any changed configuration. After uninstallation, then you can run specialized tools like AdwCleaner and JRT to fix any remaining entries they may find.

Note - If not installed, please follow these directions. If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is installed, please just Update it and run a scan ...........
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

• Double-click on the setup file (mbam-setup.exe) to install, then follow These instructions for doing a THREAT SCAN in normal mode.
  • Don't forget to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable method) before scanning.
  • Only if you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A.4. Issues.

Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily Disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

• After the scan, make sure that everything is checked and then click the Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware.
  • After rebooting the computer, copy and past the mbam.log in your next reply.

If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.

To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 scan log information (Method 1)

• Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • Click the History Tab at the top and select Application Logs.
  • Select (check) the box next to Scan Log. Choose the most current scan.
  • Click the View button.
  • Click Copy to Clipboard at the bottom...come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
  • Alternatively, you can click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.

To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 scan log information (Method 2)

• Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • Click the Scan Tab at the top.
  • Click the View detailed log link on the right.
  • Click Copy to Clipboard at the bottom...come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
  • Alternatively, you can click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.

-- Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
Logs are named by the date of scan in the following format: mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd and automatically saved to the following locations:
-- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd
-- Vista, Windows 7/8: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd

Finally - Run ESET Online Scanner.

• For Internet Explorer users only, hold down Control  (Ctrl) and click on This Link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the ESET Online button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu. to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser. Temporarily Disable your Antivirus if requested
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives and Remove Threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    Scan potentially unwanted applications
     Scan for potentially unsafe applications
     Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
  • Please be patient as this will take some time (2 hours is not unusual for a first scan).
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button to end the scan.

NOTE :Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

After you take your time, and finish posting those logs, Please download Temp File Cleaner by Old Timer
Usage Instructions:

• .Download TFC from the download link above and save the file on your desktop.
  • .Close ALL running applications as TFC will terminate them before attempting to clean up the temporary files.
  • .Double-click on the TFC icon.
  • .When the program opens, click on the Start button.  TFC will terminate the Explorer process and all running applications and then begin the process of cleaning out all of your temp folders.
  • .When done, press OK > Exit, and reboot your computer and finish the cleanup

No log is produced or expected.

Please include a report on how your computer is running now ...........

Thank You -

#3 wecam

wecam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:59 PM

Hello noknojon - Yeah, I know that I screwed up. I was up all night studying for exams and was just so tired that I really wasn't paying much attention. Anyway, thank you so much for helping me resurrect my laptop. Below you will find the logs that you
requested

Here is the RKill log: 

Rkill 2.6.8 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/
Copyright 2008-2014 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html

Program started at: 10/10/2014 02:07:11 PM in x64 mode.
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.
* HKLM\Software\Classes\.exe\shell found and deleted!

* HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\.exe "@" exists and is set to exefile!
* HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\.exe has been deleted!
* HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile has been deleted!

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* Windows Defender Disabled

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender]
"DisableAntiSpyware" = dword:00000001

Checking Windows Service Integrity:

* Windows Defender (WinDefend) is not Running.
Startup Type set to: Manual

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File:

* Cannot edit the HOSTS file.
* Permissions Fixed. Administrators can now edit the HOSTS file.

* HOSTS file entries found:

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost
127.0.0.1 www.007guard.com
127.0.0.1 007guard.com
127.0.0.1 008i.com
127.0.0.1 www.008k.com
127.0.0.1 008k.com
127.0.0.1 www.00hq.com
127.0.0.1 00hq.com
127.0.0.1 010402.com
127.0.0.1 www.032439.com
127.0.0.1 032439.com
127.0.0.1 www.0scan.com
127.0.0.1 0scan.com
127.0.0.1 1000gratisproben.com
127.0.0.1 www.1000gratisproben.com
127.0.0.1 1001namen.com
127.0.0.1 www.1001namen.com
127.0.0.1 100888290cs.com
127.0.0.1 www.100888290cs.com

20 out of 14474 HOSTS entries shown.
Please review HOSTS file for further entries.

Program finished at: 10/10/2014 02:10:06 PM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 2 minute(s), and 55 seconds(s)

Here is the AwdCleaner log:

# AdwCleaner v3.311 - Report created 10/10/2014 at 14:34:34
# Updated 30/09/2014 by Xplode
# Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (64 bits)
# Username : Chris - ACERLAPTOP
# Running from : C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Clean

***** [ Services ] *****

Service Deleted : {f2dee4ac-05d0-4e54-80bc-2dc0ba61a2c7}Gw64

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\savenshaareo
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Idle~Crawler
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Oxy
File Deleted : C:\Windows\System32\drivers\{f2dee4ac-05d0-4e54-80bc-2dc0ba61a2c7}Gw64.sys
File Deleted : C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\696e4l3f.default-1408843883526\user.js

***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****

Task Deleted : LaunchSignup

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{1AA60054-57D9-4F99-9A55-D0FBFBE7ECD3}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{5A4E3A41-FA55-4BDA-AED7-CEBE6E7BCB52}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{6E993643-8FBC-44FE-BC85-D318495C4D96}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{4E6354DE-9115-4AEE-BD21-C46C3E8A49DB}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{FC073BDA-C115-4A1D-9DF9-9B5C461482E5}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{A2D733A7-73B0-4C6B-B0C7-06A432950B66}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{5A4E3A41-FA55-4BDA-AED7-CEBE6E7BCB52}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{4E6354DE-9115-4AEE-BD21-C46C3E8A49DB}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{FC073BDA-C115-4A1D-9DF9-9B5C461482E5}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Idle~Crawler
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Idle~Crawler
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\0CFE535C35F99574E8340BFA75BF92C2
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\261F213D1F55267499B1F87D0CC3BCF7
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\3152E1F19977892449DC968802CE8964
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\649A52D257CA5DB4EAAE8BA9EB23E467
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\741B4ADF27276464790022C965AB6DA8
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\7DE196B10195F5647A2B21B761F3DE01
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\9D4F5849367142E4685ED8C25E44C5ED
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\A5875B04372C19545BEB90D4D606C472
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\A876D9E80B896EC44A8620248CC79296
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\B66FFAB725B92594C986DE826A867888

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17280

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v

[ File : C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\696e4l3f.default-1408843883526\prefs.js ]

-\\ Google Chrome v37.0.2062.124

[ File : C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\preferences ]

Deleted [Search Provider] : hxxp://search.aol.com/aol/search?q={searchTerms}
Deleted [Search Provider] : hxxp://www.ask.com/web?q={searchTerms}

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [3779 octets] - [10/10/2014 14:19:28]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [3662 octets] - [10/10/2014 14:34:34]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [3722 octets] ##########

Here is the mbam log:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 10/10/2014
Scan Time: 2:47:13 PM
Logfile: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Log.txt
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.00.2.1012
Malware Database: v2014.10.10.09
Rootkit Database: v2014.10.08.01
License: Free
Malware Protection: Disabled
Malicious Website Protection: Disabled
Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: Chris

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 315707
Time Elapsed: 11 min, 44 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 2
PUP.Optional.IdleCrawler.A, C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Idle~Crawler Runner, Quarantined, [f918868dbfbd1d196dd3f322fa092ad6],
PUP.Optional.IdleCrawler, C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Maintenance\Idle~Crawler Update, Quarantined, [927f4cc7d2aa91a52ebb889313f01ee2],

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

Here is the ESET log:

C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Windows\System32\drivers\{f2dee4ac-05d0-4e54-80bc-2dc0ba61a2c7}Gw64.sys.vir a variant of Win64/BrowseFox.H potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp1479\SUpdater.exe a variant of MSIL/Adware.OxyPumper.B application cleaned by deleting - quarantined

After running all of the programs and rebooting my laptop, it seems to be running faster; however, I am still unable to update my programs that need updating. I think that the update files are being blocked by Avast. The two programs that I know that I can't update so far are RoboForm and Google Chrome. Any idea how I can get those updates to run??

Thanks,

wecam

#4 wecam

wecam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:05 PM

Hi noknojon - I did notice one other issue that I have never seen before. I ran a boot scan from Avast and when it was finished it said something about finding two different decompressing bombs. I have no idea what that is, or if it is destructive, but I have never seen it before, so I thought that I should let you know. Thanks again.

wecam

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:08 PM

I am still unable to update my programs that need updating

Can you please list these programs and I may have direct links to the updates.

Thanks -

#6 wecam

wecam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

They are:

RoboForm (a password manager)

and

Google Chrome web browser

I went straight to each direct website after not being able to download the update from within the programs themselves, but I still couldn't run the updates. After I click update the computer just sits there and does nothing. Would it help to remove my current Avast program and download a new one??

#7 wecam

wecam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

Is there some way that you could take a look at the files that are quarantined in Avast to see if there are any problems there? 

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:22 PM

How do I upgrade from RoboForm 6 to RoboForm 7?

This is the latest version (with directions)

Can I Upgrade for Free if I have purchased recently?

If you made your purchase on or after September 1st, 2010 you are eligible for a free conversion, simply click here.

Can I still use RoboForm version 6?
  • Yes, you can, simply download version 6 from this link.
  • But this version is frozen, so no new releases will be issued.
Is there some way that you could take a look at the files that are quarantined in Avast to see if there are any problems there?

Can you Copy and Paste, or just make a list of the quarantined items ??

From there we will research them ..............

What version of Chrome do you have installed, I think Version 38 is current. One option is to Uninstall Chrome and then Reinstall it ...........

#9 wecam

wecam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:23 PM

Hi noknojon - After running all of your recommended programs last week, I thought that my computer was clean and running like new again. However, while on the internet a few minutes ago (on safe websites) my Avast anti-virus program lit up with about 12 different warnings. I have tried to copy and post the virus chest files so that you could inspect them but I don't know how to do that. I really need some help as I think that something is still terribly wrong. 

wecam

#10 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:23 AM

Hello -

Please run the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan (as above) and post a log back here -

Next - Run ESET Online Scanner. Internet Explorer is the better program to use ........

• For Internet Explorer users only, hold down Control  (Ctrl) and click on This Link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the ESET Online button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu. to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser. Temporarily Disable your Antivirus
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives and Remove Threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    Scan potentially unwanted applications
     Scan for potentially unsafe applications
     Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
  • NOTE : Please be patient as this will take some time (2 hours is not unusual for a first scan).
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.

NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

Thank You -

#11 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:46 PM

Your last logs were clean after the scans, so the problem must be beyond normal programs that I can use ...........

If re-running the listed programs will not help, please follow the instructions in This Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

Once the requested logs are created, then make a New Topic and post it to the =>> Malware Spyware Virus Area <== Not back here.

Copy and Paste any logs created, (do not attach them unless requested) and include a brief description of your problem and what you have done to try to resolve them.
Please note that the area can get a bit busy, so you may need to wait a day or more for a reply.

NOTE - If you cannot produce any of the logs, then please create the new topic anyway. Do not run more tools unless the experts request them.

#12 wecam

wecam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

I ran both programs but they didn't find any issues.

#13 wecam

wecam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:50 PM

I ran both programs one more time and the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan found nothing; however, the ESET scan did find an object. Here is the copy of the ESET log:

C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp32A3\SUpdater.exe a variant of MSIL/Adware.OxyPumper.B application cleaned by deleting - quarantined

I will wait to hear from you before running any other programs or making any changes. Thank you

wecam

#14 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:07 PM

Hi -

This is not a "major" type of infection, but it may cause some problems for you.

How is the system running now ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users