Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

monitor goes into standby randomly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zyrxy

zyrxy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:01 PM

Hi.

My monitor goes black and acts like my computer isnt connected at random times but all my fans keep going and I dont get any weird lights and nothing else seems wrong.  Sometimes it happens when I turn it on, sometimes when im playing games, sometimes when I go take a shower, sometimes it wont happen for weeks at a time, sometimes it will keep me from booting for an hour and then not happen for a couple days.  I know its not the monitor because I have two.  When it happens and I press capslock it doesnt light up on my keyboard.  All my parts are about 2.5 years old.

I just dont know if its my motherboard, cpu, video card, psu, ram or hd issue.  I have z77 extreme4(the blue board), water-cooled i5-2500k, amd radeon hd 6850, corsair tx650 psu and multiple hard drives of various types.  Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:43 AM

I suspect it's the Power Options. Looks to me as if the PC is trying to go into one of the Sleep/Hibernate modes. Set your power options to full ON and see what happens over time.

Unfortunately the PO functionality is part of the MB chipsets, but it's managed by the OS. If the PC maintains this behavior, then you may have to either;

1. Reload the OS, non-destructive first, then destructive reload if that doesn't work.

2. If the OS reload doesn't fix it, then it's a MB replacement.

Good Luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users