Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Administrator Logon

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 granny04

granny04

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 12:53 PM

i accidently logged out as administrator and have forgotten my username ans password.any way to fix this or am i permanatly logged off?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 granny04

granny04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:07 AM

i take it,nobody knows?

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:39 AM

Do you have the Windows installation disk?

If so, you can format and reinstall Windows.

We cannot provide help hacking a password as we have no way of knowing whether the computer really belongs to you or not.

#4 granny04

granny04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:43 AM

no problem.got it fixed,friend wiped harddrive and re-installed windows 2000 so i could start over.made sure i wrote down admin password this time !!!! thanks for all the help

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:23 AM

Glad it is fixed for you.

#6 wifiyah

wifiyah

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 04:59 PM

no problem.got it fixed,friend wiped harddrive and re-installed windows 2000 so i could start over.made sure i wrote down admin password this time !!!! thanks for all the help

hello , i must tell you what happened to me just recently! i could not download anything, Why??? i didnt have administrative rights and hold it - This is my computer and i spent 3 months following instructions from everywhere possible really I did!
I must share this story!! I called Microsoft (hay did yall know there is free help from Microsoft and the #is in the web site)!! crying and frustrated we spent an hour in a half on the phone and nothing they did helped but they assured me it is a difficult yet problem they could solve!
over the phone they told me exactly what to do and i listen payed attention and completed everything
and at the end we were able to download yahoo and i fell out!! screamed and hollered alright i was Praising Allah swt so loud the members at Microsoft contact me 3 days in a row to make sure that i was alright they really cared about me and i tell you this to tell you ........my computer didnt need to be trashed!!
All the information i recieved from everysingle person place and thing was incorrect and the first thing every single one of them told me was i would have to reinstall Microsoft or did i have the disc i dont have memory. i need a new "memory something" oh yea told me the computer was no good, trash it!

you could imagine the horror i felt i was in school and loved my computer!
well all i had to do was press F8 while screen in booting up, follow instructions in safe mode! to restore memory and Microsoft added my name to the full control which is Administrative rights!!
thank yall for knowing i love my computer!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users