Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows keep deselecting themselves

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kerrell95

kerrell95

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:27 PM

A few months ago any Window I had open would deselect and select themselves making typing impossible. I started using combofix which seemed to fix the problem for a session but would come back the next time I booted up, I don't know what the log from combo fix means but it works. I ran combofix today but it didn't fix the problem so I'm desperate to find anyone who knows what is causing it so I can finally fix it, thank you :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:55 PM

Possible stuck key(s) on the mouse or keyboard. You can try to tap each key on the keyboard a few times to unstick the key, the same goes for the mouse. Generally the windows key, Alt key or Tab key may cause this issue.

Edited by zingo156, 09 October 2014 - 03:58 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:29 PM

I started using combofix...

You should not use Combofix on your own or without supervision.  Please read this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273628/combofix-usage-questions-help-look-here/#entry1511502

#4 kerrell95

kerrell95
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

Its not stuck keys as i`ve bought a new keyboard just the other day, if not combo fix then what? because i`m on the verge of just chucking it out the window

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:55 PM

Combofix is not meant to "fix" general computer problems.

ComboFix is a program, created by sUBs, that scans your computer for known malware, and when found, attempts to clean these infections automatically.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Publisher's Description
From sUBs:
Combofix was designed to scan a computer for known malware, spyware (SurfSideKick, QooLogic, and Look2Me as well as any other combination of the mentioned spyware applications) and remove them.

http://download.cnet.com/Combofix/3000-8022_4-75221073.html

#6 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:24 AM

Is this a laptop or a desktop? If it is a laptop, I frequently see people have problems with the touch pad on the computer. What happens when typing is that your palm may hit the touch pad which performs a left click, if you are typing in a small window, clicking outside of that window might un-highlight that window. The mouse cursor also may "jump" as a left click will move the cursor typing field to where ever the mouse click happened.

If this is a laptop with a touch pad, there may be a way to turn the touch pad off by using the FN key + one of the F1-F12 keys.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users