Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem re-installing Win Live Mail. Help needed reading CBS.log

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gerb68

Gerb68

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

I am having trouble reinstalling Windows Live Essentials where I am getting Error 0x8007064c Source: WLXSuiteLang. Having failed while trying absolutely everything to resolve this I believe this may be caused by corrupt files found when running System File Checker. However I am having trouble reading the CBS.log from the sfc /scannow. Could somebody please have a look at the attached file and tell me if they can see anything that identifys corrupt files.

Attached File  CBS.zip   222.7KB   1 downloads[

I appreciate any help

Edited by Gerb68, 09 October 2014 - 01:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:11 PM

Please post the sfc /scannow log in your topic.  I will not download anything to my computer without knowing exactly what it contains.

To find sfc /scannow log, type cmd in the Search programs and files box. 

cmd will appear above the search box under Apps., right click on it and choose Run as administrator, this will open the Elevated Command Prompt.  This will look simlare to the image above.

Copy and paste the following in the Search programs and files box, then press Enter.  

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled sfcdetails.  Click on this to open the log, copy it and paste it in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users