Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very High TMPIN1 Temperature reading

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kevin384

Kevin384

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

Hi All,

I have replaced my mobo with a Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H,

OS Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1),

Intel Core i5 4460 (3.2 GHz) Quad Core, normally clocked, Intel graphics disabled.

Gigabyte GTX GeForce 460SE GPU,

16GB Transcend DDR3 1333 RAM.

6 Cooling fans in a Corsair Carbide 500R case (4- cooling, 2 - extracting)

Since the installation, I have been concerned about temperatures (always have been, really), and have noted that the SuperIO Chip=IT8620E is reporting an extremely high temperature of 127Deg C.(260Deg F.) on the TMPIN1 "port", in both SIW and Speedfan, latest versions as far a I am aware.

My GPU and CPU temperatures are all reflecting readings well within parameters, and the fans are all running at reasonable speeds- the CPU fan is running @ 1132 RPM as I type, and the others are all under 1000RPM as reported by the two monitoring software modules.

TMPIN0 = 33 Deg C.

TMPIN2 = 19 Deg C.

TZ00 = 28 Deg C.

TZ01 - 30 Deg C.

I have done a little resarch on Google, but the information there seems to be conflicting.

Need I be concerned? There does not appear to be hot air being extracted from the case.

Regards,

Kev'

Edited by Kevin384, 09 October 2014 - 12:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

Generally speaking...any system temperature (CPU, hard drive, motherboard) under 50 Celsius...causes loss of sleep only for those whose lifestyle is worrying :).  I could even say that anything under 60 Celsius is no cause for concern, but you see my point :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users