Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Log In

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Joker4302

Joker4302

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 11:38 AM

Hello people i desperatley need help, i shut my computer down the other night without logging off cause i never do, and today when i start the computer up it takes me tot he welcome screen and shows my name to log on, i click it and it takes me to my desktop for like 2 seconds with no icons of taskbar and logs me back out to the welcome screen. please i need help before i brake something :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joker4302

Joker4302
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:38 PM

also when i create a new name using the xp cd i can not log in it wont even go to the desktop if i try that routte, anyone have any ideas at all?

#3 Merlin_22

Merlin_22

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:10 AM

Are you on a domain or on a netowork with all XP PRO computer?

If so you might have a booting out policey active.......

Also did you install any new software before turning the computer off?

Edited by Merlin_22, 13 June 2006 - 05:12 AM.

TONY

Kids Safe Forum <--- Please read the site guidelines before registering. You don't have to be a parent nor have any information. You can register and ask things on the forum if you want.

Update: Kids Safe is bringing out K.S.A, for more information on what it is; click the link below:
http://kidssafe.co.nz/index.php?showtopic=504

#4 Joker4302

Joker4302
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:54 PM

I am on a home network and as far as i know all computers are just running normal xp not pro. no new software was installed on my computer but the night before the problem a new anti virus was installed on the main computer the one that the router comes off of.

How do i check the booting out policy if i cannot log on to my computer?

THanks

#5 Vasu.Uma

Vasu.Uma

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:48 AM

I also have similar problem, I am using Win XP Pro. and i think i accidently deleted a registry which i believe is name some "userinit" something like that. Afterwards when i restarted the PC it is logging in and without showing any taskbar, etc. it is logging me out: I just can't get it to the PC to undo anything. Now I simply cant use the PC plus I dont want to format it because there are lots of school, important family stuff in the PC that i donot want to delete. :S

I will greatly appreciate if anyone can help me out. :thumbsup:

#6 Joker4302

Joker4302
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:55 PM

update when i try to use repair mode with the windows disk it wont repair because it says i dont have the right password i cannot remember my password is there anyway to retrive it before start up?

#7 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:02 PM

If both of you can get to safe mode with command prompt, use Windows System Restore to revert your system to a date that predates your problems.

System Restore with a command prompt in Windows XP
1.Restart your computer, and then press F8 during the initial startup to start your computer in Safe Mode with a command prompt.

For additional information about the Safe mode with a command prompt, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
315222 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222/) A description of the Safe mode boot options in Windows XP
2.Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.3.Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
4.Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449/

If both of you can get to safe mode with command prompt, use Windows System Restore to revert your system to a date that predates your problems.

System Restore with a command prompt in Windows XP
1.Restart your computer, and then press F8 during the initial startup to start your computer in Safe Mode with a command prompt.

For additional information about the Safe mode with a command prompt, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
315222 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222/) A description of the Safe mode boot options in Windows XP
2.Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.3.Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
4.Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users