Try some/all of these (initial setup takes time, but believe me, you'll get there)
1. Do you see Firefox in the Program control list? you should. Give it ACCESS (2 checks) in the trusted zone, and internet zone. IF you have a router, also give it SERVER rights but only in the TRUSTED zone.
2. Under Privacy, right click on the site you're trying to go to. Right click site name. One by one give it some rights.
3. If this fails, remove Firefox from the programs list, try to access again, and when alert pops up, Allow it & tell it to remember.
4. If you have a router AND if it changes your IP address on you, first attempt to get to the internet by any means (IE or google, or whatever) fails, at which point hit View > Refresh and you'll get there. I had that problem when my router was changing IP address on me every hour
Last resort: Unlikely to need since you just installed, but when database gets messed up, hold onto this procedure
1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode.
2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder (all your settings will be gone).
4. Reboot into the normal mode.
Disclaimer: I don't use Firefox (yet), and I use ZoneAlarm suite which has more controls than the equally fabulous fre version, so some of my wording may not be precise.
Oh, I see Bill Cherry's advice herehttp://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/m...essage.id=25846
Don't be intimidated by how many problems you see reported, they're the usual initial issues. Also be careful on that id=25846 - it'll change (WHY???) so in couple hours the link won't take you there
Edited by tos226, 12 June 2006 - 02:40 PM.