Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop with broken screen second screem wont work help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 clutchmaster

clutchmaster

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:43 PM

ok my laptop screen is broken and i cant get my monitor to work it was working before but i desided to change my boot mode in msconfig when to safe boot and checked network is there a way to back out of this with out seeing what im doing i posted something like this before but instead of helping me they put me in a catagory that doesint do this 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:27 AM

This is a tough one due to your laptop screen not working and most integrated laptop graphics cards wont be able to push signal to a secondary screen when in safe mode. The best thing you can do is fix the issue with the laptop screen so you can see what you are doing. What exactly is wrong with the laptop screen?

Gavin Seabrook

#3 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:43 AM

Research the documentation on your model lappy. Many lappys require a keystoke combination or Function key input in order to display to an external monitor.

#4 clutchmaster

clutchmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:17 AM

i put the laptop under my couch before i went to bed next day the screen was cracked on the top portion and thanks for the reply :)

Edited by clutchmaster, 09 October 2014 - 10:17 AM.

#5 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:05 PM

Screen replacements are easy to do and relatively inexpensive. Just research your model and get one off e-bay. They should run between $30 - $60. Then you just need to take off the screen bezel and unscrew the old one, remove the cable that goes to the motherboard and plug it into the new one. Then screw it back in, snap on the bezel and test. Should be working like new :D

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users