Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I establish mailboxes in Opera Mail?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Al from Rochester

Al from Rochester

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:01 PM

I want to keep records of received and sent emails.  They have to be in mailboxes or folders so I can have the important ones collected in their own groups,

And the trashed ones too, which somtimes I have to recall.

I can't find any knobs in Opera Mail for doing this.  Can someone help me please?

Thank you kindly

Al

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

Have you seen the Opera Mail tutorial? http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/mail/setup/

Right hand pane is a subject called 'sorting mail'. See if thats something you can use. It's been years since I used Opera Mail. It was integrated in the browser then. I've forgotten everything I used to know about it.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Al from Rochester

Al from Rochester
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:27 PM

Thanks, but that's not it.  They have a scheme that they call "Labels" but it's useless because it doesn't remove the message from the "Received" list.  If you label a message, and drag it to the "Label", and then delete it from the "Received" display, it deletes from the Label thing too.

I think that this is silly because the whole reason of putting emails somewhere is so they're out of the active list but still retrievable if necessary.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:09 PM

Thats one of the reasons I went with Thunderbird. Now it's all coming back to me.

Look at the comparison chart: How is Opera Mail different?

http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/mail/receive/

Doesn't look like what you want to do is possible.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 Al from Rochester

Al from Rochester
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:44 PM

I'm just using Opera Mail because I need something that works while I'm setting up.

Is Thunderbird okay?  I was a whiz on Eudora but it doesn't seem to want to work on my new Windows 7 computer.  If I could go back to Eudora I'd be perfectly happy.

But if Thunderbird is better, tell me about it....

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:49 PM

It's free and relatively easy to set up. I'm no mail whiz by anybody's stretch. Even I was able to create my three accounts. It does the folder thing for organizing your mail. Lots of people use it so there's sufficient peer to peer support. Only you can decide if it suits your needs. If it doesn't work for you it didn't cost you anything but time to try it.

Features: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/features/

Add-ons: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

If you have questions, there are plenty of users here who can help or explain things if you get stuck. There's also Mozilla support as well.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#7 Al from Rochester

Al from Rochester
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:20 PM

Thank you!  I'll give it a try.

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

You're quite welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users