Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Mobo Front Panel Connections

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 syco

syco

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 10:09 AM

Hi
This is my first mobo change. Im fitting a HP vectra Micro ATX, PIII 370 motherboard. It's all going OK so far, only problem is I've looked through all the manuals online but cannot find the details on how to fit the front panel connections. I'm a little wary about trial and error. If I can't find the information I need, and it's looking like I can't, what are my chances of destroying my replacement mobo??

If anyone has a HP vectra Micro ATX, PIII 370 fitted and have have a quick look at, at least, the power switch, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AMD010

AMD010

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 12:41 PM

well i dont think you can destroy the motherboard by trail and error. there should be a cluster of jumpers somewere that will say like "pwr swch" and pwr led" but its just to hard to read the little print on the mobo, i would get a flashlight.
Win XP Pro, Windows 7, Ubuntu. AMD Athlon X2 5600+ 4x1GB DDR2800, 500 GB SATA, Geforce 8500GT.

MCTS, A+, Net+.

Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

Posted Image
Fight Spam! Click Here!

#3 syco

syco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 02:44 PM

The board is unmarked for the front panel switches. Probably because the case it's designed for has a proprietary connection block to connect them all at the same time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users