Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with NVIDIA GeForce 820M Graphic card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 naavle

naavle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

Hello. 

So I bought new PC. I am no expert when it comes to hardware but I know basics. Problem is that in any details I get fps drops. Everything is good, I have high fps, then out of nowhere it goes down to 10. For 1-2 sec. THen it goes back to normal FPS for another around 10-20 sec. Then it goes 10 for 1-2sec again. It's very frustrating. 

It has no connection with game details since i tried few games on lowest, medium, highest details and everywhere outcomes i the same. It has no connection with moment of game since there can be good fps in teamfight and after it drop when nothing happens. This spikes are completly random and not connected to details or situation in game (teamfights, stuff)

My operational system is Windows 8. 
Processor is Intel Core i5-4210U (2 cores 1.7-2.7ghz, 3mb cache)
8GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz
Graphic card NVIDIA GeForce 820M with 2 GB memory.
Pls let me know if I can attach any logs or anything that you can work with guyss

Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:37 AM

You hardware generally looks all well, but you may want to check your task manager to see if there is something eating up CPU or Hard Drive usage. There may be something running in the background that is causing this.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:27 AM

It could be temperature related. I would start by monitoring the temps using HWmonitor:

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Download the latest release 1.25 setup

(installation, automatically installs 32 or 64-bit version depending on your system)

1.25 zip
(.zip, no installation, includes 32 and 64-bit binaries)

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users