Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to fix this?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 r41866

r41866

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:05 AM

My computer has been infected with either malware or virus. Now all the Internet browsers load web pages extremely slow. Before showing any web page, the status bar shows something like "looking up demo.chinagate.com," "looking up gstatic.com," and "looking up netshelter.net." How to fix this?

My OS is Windows 7. I have already scanned the system using Bitdefender, Spybot Search and Destroy, Malwarebyte, and Glary Utilities. Although they did find some viruses or malware, they can't fix this problem.

Thank you for your help!

Edited by Queen-Evie, 08 October 2014 - 10:26 AM.
moved from Windows 7 to Am I Infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 475 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:37 AM

Hi

"Now all the Internet browsers load web pages extremely slow"

Please list all the browsers installed on your system that you are referring to and which browser is your default?

Thanks

Topic has been moved The malware team will help you from here on

Edited by old rocker, 08 October 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#3 r41866

r41866
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:40 AM

I have Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, and Safari from Apple. The default is Firefox.

Thanks.

#4 r41866

r41866
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:50 PM

I have also used Norton Power Eraser and reset all the browsers. That doesn't help although NPE did remove something. The browsing is still slow and the browsers still contact unwanted sites. How can I proceed from here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users