Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard Not POSTing or outputting video. PLEASE HELP - MSI z87-G45

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 itzfate

itzfate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

This computer is NEWLY BUILT 

I am having trouble. I have ran through checklists and still have not fixed the issue. 
I have one stick of ram in dimm 2 right now. 
I have all the fans plugged in properly. 
Nothing is touching the mobo that would short it out.
I have reseated the 8 pin and 24 pin power cords. 

I have turned the PSU power button to on, the whole PC turns on. fan and all, even the "audio boost" on the motherboard lights up but no POSTing or onboard video output is flowing . 
The CMOS battery is in place. I have tried clearing the CMOS in between moving around the ram sticks. and yes the Power button on the case is connected properly to the motherboard

I really am starting to feel helpless right now. I have no idea what the issue could be. I just want this thing to work. PLEASE HELP ME

Specs: 

Core i7 4770k with arctic silver 5
MSI z87-G45
Corsair 8gbx2 - CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10B
Cooler Master Seidon 120M
No video card - Just Onboard
Corsair TX650M Power Supply
Kingston SSD 120GB
AeroCool Xstrike Advanced Case

Edited by itzfate, 08 October 2014 - 09:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:02 PM

The next step is to try a vid-card. If it works, then the MB is bad.

Check the MB carefully for any damaged components, especially broken or leaky caps. Make sure the RAM is seated snugly, and try it in alternative slots.

Try it now.

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:34 AM

Did you put case/motherboard standoffs in? Sometimes they are needed and other times they are not. They put a space between the case and the motherboard so the metal solder joints don't short to the metal case. Some cases have the standoffs built in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standoff_%28separator%29

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users