Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sound card choice

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ducksoup

ducksoup

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:55 AM

Hi  

New to this forum so any advice would be greatly appreciated.    I have a windows 7 home premium 64 bit PC.  Recently I installed a sound card to replace RealTek on board audio. I disabled the on board sound and installed the card.  Realtek has the feature of "sound mixer" in the recording devices on the PC.  The card was a low end Creative Sound Blaster SE. after installing it I noticed the option for sound mixer was no longer there (I'm assuming because I disabled the On Board audio in the BIOS).   

Creative from what I read due to RIAA regs does offer that capability in some of their cards nor does ASUS.  I uninstalled the card. I like to do do DJ'ing on line and if i dont have a sound mixer or a "what you hear" option I can't.

Are there any sound cards made that will install this option to show in the recording device area. I"m looking for a PCI or a PCIe type card. 

Thanks for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:22 PM

The next level up of Creative cards should come with the sound studio program.  With the card installed, the realtek options won't work.

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:47 AM

Would one of the HT|Omega cards work?  These include the HT | OMEGA CLARO II, HT | OMEGA Claro Halo, or HT | OMEGA Claro Halo XT.  According to one reviewer for the XT, it does have mixing settings in the drivers, but I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for.  After my whole ordeal with Creative and their drivers when Windows Vista came out, I refuse to buy from them again. 

3939.png

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:03 AM

This has become a real problem for many users.  It started with Vista and M$ not giving the proper source codes to the third party manufacturers building video, sound, network and USB devices.  Most users gave up the battle and regressed back to WINXP where everything worked.  WIN7 is much better and the OS search for drivers on the internet is pretty comprehensive.  It's not Creatives fault.

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:17 AM

Creative's initial Vista drivers were a mess, enthusiasts tried to fix the Vista drivers to perform similarly to XP and as such were threatened by Creative.  Vista changed the driver model significantly over XP, some manufacturers adapted, others did not or took a long time to.

Here, here, and here are articles on the Creative saga.

3939.png

#6 ducksoup

ducksoup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:58 AM

I am running windows 7 64 bit and have no interest in Vista, but thanks for your input.  I'm not a gamer all I care about is music.  Thanks to all for your input but would still like to know if there is any internal sound card that will replace the stereo mix or "what you hear setting when installed. When you disable the onboard audio you lose that capability with Realtek. I'm not looking to spend hundreds of dollars on a sound card.  

If i cant find one which seems to be difficult I will stick with what I have now being the Realtek HD sound built into my motherboard.  

I don't have a vast amount of technical knowledge.   So back to square one, do any internal sound cards offering the stereo mix feature in recording devices exist on the market ? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users