Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Installation Stuck In Reboot Loop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 colinexl

colinexl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 07:04 AM

Hello, I'm trying to install Vista beta 2 on to my laptop, here are the specs:

Asus W3J
Intel core duo T2400
ati x1600
100 gigs
1 gig ram

I try to boot from the installation DVD, it just gets stuck in a reboot loop. I then tried to install from WinXP, it copied the files, extracted them and rebooted. After POST, black screen and reboot loop. Does anyone have any idea on what is going on?

Thanks for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 j THa G

j THa G

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:03 AM

Same thing with me, Vista is not compatable with Nero.. I deleted Nero finally got to probaly a log in screen but the entire screen was black except for the bottom rite corner with Windows Vista and the build number. I'm stuck here, lol. I just found a Nivida driver maybe thats my problem good luck.. joe

#3 JU$T1N

JU$T1N

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:25 PM

If you guys are upgrading: Then remove any BURNING software as well as any SECURITY software... this should get you a little further.

If not upgrading... I have no idea what would cause that.
JU$T1N~1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users