Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2.4Ghz Wireless headset - Microphone too quiet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BaSiQ5

BaSiQ5

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:40 PM

Hello, I just bought a HUHD 2.4Ghz Wireless headset HW-399M that uses a USB reciever. The program I am using the mic for is Skype. Everyone complains that my mic is too low. 

EDIT: I forgot to add that it uses a detachable mic, and yes, I did secure the mic to the headset.

System Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Asus M5A99X Evo Motherboard

AMD FX-6100 6 Core processor

8 GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 550-Ti Graphics card

Things I've tried:

Went into device manager and updated drivers (Most current drivers already installed)

Turning up mic volume in Skype (No effect)

Unchecked "Adjust microphone volume automatically" in skype (No effect)

Opened Sound -> Recording -> 2.4G Wireless headset -> Properties -> Levels -> Turned microphone volume to 100 (No effect)

Opened Realtek HD audio Manager -> Microphone -> Adjusted microphone volume to highest and set to +30 dB (No effect)

Secured USB connection to reciever (No effect)

Plugged in TOSLINK cable (Came with the headset) into my computers SPDIF port and into the recievers Optical IN port (Done after the majority of these other failed fix tries) (No effect)

Issue:

When I open Sound and go to Playback -> 2.4G Wireless headset (Both the headset and microphone are called "2.4G Wireless Headset" in the sound panel) -> Properties -> Levels, there is speakers (set to 100) and Microphone (set to +1.0 dB). I'm thinking that the issue is right there, but it won't let me change it. I can't select it or anything. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by BaSiQ5, 07 October 2014 - 09:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:43 AM

Can you test your own Mic by going into sound options and recording devices, select your device and go into properties. You should see an option to allow you to "listen" to your own device. Does it still sound low?

Gavin Seabrook

#3 BaSiQ5

BaSiQ5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

Yes, I set it to "listen" and I was very low. I had to practically shout in order to hear myself at a normal volume. My IT Teacher told me to plug the mic into my front mic jack (the mic is detachable from the headset using a standard 3.5 mm male end). My friend (we were testing on Skype since I use that as my main source of voice chat) and he was able to hear me better. I did however return the headset to amazon because if it's gonna be this much trouble it's just not worth it, so I returned it and opted for another headset. I am sorry for any time wasted on this issue. 

#4 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:05 PM

Never a waste :)

Gavin Seabrook

#5 boardgamer

boardgamer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:47 AM

just for everyone who bought HUHD headset and struggles with low mic volume. try Equalizer APO software which is free and it will fix the issue. guaranteed. check youtube for instructions. e.g. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users