Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have screenshots of router setup page but have questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 herbman

herbman

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:37 PM

I have a Dell desktop running win 7 sp1 64 bit and i have a modem called a smart RG , my router is a Asus RT N10 .

I am confused about the dynamic IP choice as seen in the screenshot and all the options on the left .  Wan,Wireless, Lan etc... what exactly do i need to click on to get this thing to work ?

I currently have my ethernet cable from the computer connected to the routers lan port ,  i have another ethernet cable connected to the wan port on the router and that goes into the modems lan port , the telephone wire is correctly connected .

It seems when i take the ethernet cable from the computer out of the router i loose wireless which i don't want.

When can this be removed so i can get wireless?

Thanks

Apparently i can't get the screenshots to post , i keep getting a too big message .

Edited by herbman, 07 October 2014 - 03:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

1st - I don't see screenshots

2nd - When you remove the CAT5 you loose wireless on what? I ask for you said you are using a desktop which unless an after-market purchase is made pretty much never comes with wireless so I can only assume you mean the router itself.

3rd - If you are losing the wireless on the router itself I have to agree that is quite odd and the first place I start with that is firmware for your actions shouldn't result in that.

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#3 herbman

herbman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:53 PM

Yeah, i don't know what it is but i can never get anything to post when it comes to images on this site , i tried the basic and advanced uploader and i get the same result.

It's always a "too big" message .

You can close down this thread , thanks but i will have to go elsewhere for help. 

#4 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:56 PM

Not a Mod or an admin. Just someone that has been doing this crap for 17-plus years and still counting.  :smash:

So no power to close a thread.

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,511 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:45 PM

You need to upload and host your images on an imaging hosting site, such as photobucket, imgur or postimage.org. Then insert the hosting site URL in to show your images here. See post #1 here: Inserting An Image Within A Post

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users