Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is this wire in Compaq CQ50-110us

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 earlgun

earlgun

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

I have dis-assembled this laptop, in hopes of finding a small inexpensive problem, that will be easily fixed.  Now, I'm hoping it's a major expensive issue, so, I won't have to put all this back together!

Either way, I still have a question.  There is a wire, that is attached to the bottom of the battery bay(not sure if that's the right term).  It appears to just stop there, like a ground would terminate, except that the wire ends go into a piece of plastic, which connects to the plastic battery bay bottom.

The other end of the wire, runs about 4" and goes into a 10 pin connector, using two of the slots.  The other 8 slots of this connector are used by a wire coming from the external (2)USB ports, board.  This 10 pin connector, connects to the motherboard, at USB 1(I think).

I read in a couple places about heat sensors, in the battery area, of some laptops.  Just not sure this is that.

I appreciate, having a place to ask questions!  Thanks for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:33 PM

Here is the service manual for the CQ-50. See page 15. From your explanation, it seems it would be numbers 14,15,or 16.

#3 earlgun

earlgun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

Here is the service manual for the CQ-50. See page 15. From your explanation, it seems it would be numbers 14,15,or 16.

Part number 15 might help with the answer.  What I was describing, is that cable (of the #15 - USB board).  The description of it says that - USB board cable (includes num lock LED). 

The diagram doesn't show, the little tail wire connecting to anything.  But, if there is a tiny LED light on the end of it, that could be the piece of plastic that I was describing, that is attached to the underside of the battery bay.  I guess that's how/where the 'numbers lock LED light' is mounted.  What do you think?

I was about to post this, but, decided to explore the manual further.  Page 74 does have a diagram. That's it! 

Thanks for your help!

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:23 PM

Glad you got it worked out. Thanks for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users