Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Think I'll Be Here A Lot....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kmt2357

kmt2357

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:40 AM

I stumbled across this site two days ago in my quest to find the updated drivers I need according to the results I got from a couple of sites that offer free scans. Then they torture people like me by saying they have all the updated drivers I'm trying to find if I'll just spend another $30.00. I'm determined to keep plugging away at it, as I've spent my limit on spyware detecter and registry cleaner recently. The usual couple of hours at Microsoft has left me frustrated, as always! I'll just turn my computer off for a few days or a week until I'm no longer chanting "I HATE computers!" I just upgraded to broadband from dial-up about a month ago, so at least I'm covering a lot more territory when I wrap up an hour or three without success in finding what I'm looking for! Thanks for the opportunity to vent from the "Land of Opportunity" (Arkansas) and yes, way too many Wal-Mart stores. I feel much better! Time to search for driver download forums!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 07:49 AM

Welcome to BC!
You do not have to pay for drivers if you are willing to take some time to search for them yourself, which is not at all difficult since all manufacturers freely provide them for downloading from their sites. I would, moreover, be highly suspicious of, and certainly not trust the results, of sites that provide "free scans" only to sell you a service.
If you are experiencing problems with your computer and post the details of what is happening, I am sure our members can help you resolve the problem.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users