Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opening A New Tab

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 harty

harty

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:22 PM

Hi recently whenever I  click on the google chrome icon to open a new window all i get is a blank page so i can only have 1 window open ....any advice please 

Edited by hamluis, 09 October 2014 - 09:59 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:38 PM

Hi recently whenever I  click on the google chrome icon to open a new window all i get is a blank page so i can only have 1 window open ....any advice please 

Right-Mouse click and see if you can open a new Window. 

To open a new tab you do that within the existing Window. 

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#3 harty

harty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

Just tried IVY and still a white blank page ...

#4 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:44 PM

Just tried IVY and still a white blank page ...

Reboot try again. If same, uninstall, reboot, reinstall.

Go from there.

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#5 harty

harty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:51 PM

uninstall google chrome ..i sthat what you mean ?

#6 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:53 PM

uninstall google chrome ..i sthat what you mean ?

Yeah.

***Note***

#7 harty

harty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:54 PM

ok i,ll let you know how it is when im done 

#8 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:03 PM

Resetting your browser settings will reset the unwanted changes caused by installing other programs. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be cleared or changed.

Reset your browser settings:

Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
    Select Settings.
    Click Show advanced settings and find the "Reset browser settings” section.
    Click Reset browser settings.
    In the dialog that appears, click Reset. Note: When the "Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings" checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#9 harty

harty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

Big trouble ,,,,, uninstaled chrome using revo instaler then instaled chrome again now I cannot use internetso I tried to do a system restore after it restarted message came back saying unable to restore ,,,,, so now when I start laptop it gets to google homepage then if u try log into anything like facebook a message pops up saying I have no internet connection ????? So tried using etherbet cabke from broadband hub to laoptop and still sating no internet cinnection Also a dialigue box appears saying ,,,,,McaMaster DCS Service can not start ,,,, please help me !!!

#10 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:51 AM

Big trouble ,,,,, uninstaled chrome using revo instaler then instaled chrome again now I cannot use internetso I tried to do a system restore after it restarted message came back saying unable to restore ,,,,, so now when I start laptop it gets to google homepage then if u try log into anything like facebook a message pops up saying I have no internet connection ????? So tried using etherbet cabke from broadband hub to laoptop and still sating no internet cinnection Also a dialigue box appears saying ,,,,,McaMaster DCS Service can not start ,,,, please help me !!!

For starters why didn't you just use the simple Add and Remove Programs?

Second, go into Device Manager and make sure your NIC card is loaded and that it does not have an Exclamation point.

***Note***

#11 harty

harty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

NIC card dont know what that is so went device manager opened up everything and no exclamation point anywhere

#12 harty

harty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

Just googled NIC card and I clicjed on hardware and under devices and printers clicked on device manager and there is a yellow exclamation mark under other devices ,,, CDC Serial

#13 harty

harty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:25 PM

Please ignore last notification there is no yellow exclamation marks in device manager sorry

#14 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:08 PM

1. What are your proxy settings?.. Wrench menu>Settings>Change proxy settings>LAN Settings

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#15 harty

harty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:13 PM

Hi thank you for reply ,,,, went into LAN settings and everything is blank ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users