Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reformatting horror

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 becky723451

becky723451

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:04 PM

Hello, Due to a virus/trogen I decided to use the restore cd that came with my desktop.
Well now I have nothing. I have been restored to 1990 and have only basics. WMP, OE, games. Nothing is detected. Not even my CD player.

Now Comcast (my isp) can't help they said to call manufacturer who I have to pay for help. Help??!!??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:06 PM

You need to download the drivers. A restore CD (commonly with HP and Dell computers) can or cannot come with the drivers. They will bring you back to factory defaults. If your clock reverted back to 1990 it also sounds like your CMOS battery is dead which would normally would hold the right date/time.

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#3 becky723451

becky723451
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:42 PM

get the drivers from my computer manufacture on a flash driv and I will see i and I will see if that prove proves helpful

#4 becky723451

becky723451
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:36 PM

Well that Ethernet port is broken on the laptop I was trying to connect to my Comcast to hopefully get my drivers so now I'm back to point zero. I need serious help what can I do?
I have XP pro.

:(

Edited by becky723451, 07 October 2014 - 09:38 PM.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:28 PM

What is the make and model of the computer?

#6 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:55 AM

Well that Ethernet port is broken on the laptop I was trying to connect to my Comcast to hopefully get my drivers so now I'm back to point zero. I need serious help what can I do?
I have XP pro.

:(

Broken as in physical or software? If software, just download the drivers from another computer and transfer it to the PC with the issue: CD ROM, Flash, etc. 

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#7 becky723451

becky723451
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:23 AM

John C: Lenovo purchased 2009
Model: 3000 H200 57099437
Hard to find. The only way to find was to pop it into google search. It can't be found on Lenovo site.

#8 becky723451

becky723451
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

Ok i got all of the drivers available from the Lenovo site then put them on my sick compute and I could not install them

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:13 PM

I could not find any drivers on Lenovo's site for the network adapater or anything else for that matter. Go to Device Manager. Right Click Computer > Manage. Right click the network adapter. Select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Copy and Paste the first line which is the Vendor and Device ID in your next post.

I found the specs of the computer here. I could not find much on Lenovo's site. It lists the NIC as a Realtek RTL8102E. I would like to confirm it first before giving the download link. The Vendor and Device ID should do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users