Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen Death (Urgent Help!)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hafizh Jamil

Hafizh Jamil

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:08 PM

Hi,

To start my story, firstly, whenever I started my Acer laptop (Windows 8.1), a Command window will pop up followed by an error message "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Search Extensions\Client.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

I was worried and started looking online where I came across a website named Smartest Computing (www.smartestcomputing.us.com) by Broni. There I seek help and Broni guided me step by step in resolving the issue. Few steps I have taken:

1) MBAM

2) MBAR

3) AdwCleaner

4) Rogue Killer

These 4 steps were carried out and the initial error message no longer pop up. The next step Broni guided me was to carry out a FarBar Recovery Scan Tool (64bit) on my laptop. After giving Broni the scan logs, he provided me with a fixlist.txt to be carried out by FRST64 through the fix button. The second time I attempted to run FRST, my Panda anti-virus blocked the application and it was removed from my laptop. I then re-downloaded FRST and switched off my anti-virus so that I am able to run the software.

After "fixing" through FRST, I noticed the fixlist.txt disappeared from my laptop and a restart was prompted. I agreed on the restart. After restarting my laptop, I logon to my account as per normal. This is where the next problem comes. My laptop went black screen with an error message "Unable to start the Dolby Digital Plus audio driver. Please restart the computer or reinstall the driver if the problem persists". My laptop won't go to windows at all. I tried restarting my laptop many times but it came the same. I could not even hover to the start section. The only thing I can proceed is to the task manager.

I went back to Broni's website but it seems that there is a problem with that website which I could not contact Broni. So I decided to post my problems here because I know this is a trusted website. Broni has been redirecting me to download the softwares here.

Please advise on what to do next. I am crippled without my laptop. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hafizh Jamil

Hafizh Jamil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:14 PM

In addition, since the first problem started, I was unable to use the internet using proxy server. It kept saying proxy server not found. After the 4 initial steps carried out, proxy server issue still persist.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:55 PM

Broni's site will be back up shortly..

I'd suggest you wait and continue there. Broni comes here also but all the logs are already and it would be easier for you both.

I just spoke with him a few minutes ago and he said it's coming back up.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users