Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ati atombios drivers win8

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 paulos123

paulos123

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:53 PM

hello guys i have a friend that just installed win 8,1 pro and he cant find the drivers for the graphics card.

hope you can help,here is the txt report he send me....

i attached it thanks anyway.....

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,659 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

Your text file listed the video controller as

Name: Video Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71E2&SUBSYS_04011462&REV_00\4&31746392&0&0178
   Driver: n/a

This is a AMD X1600 series card. Unfortunately, the latest available OS for this video controller on the AMD website is Windows 7. Nothing is available for Windows 8.

But, I did find this thread where a poster was able to get the card to work under Windows 8. Read throught the whole thread. You may have to edit the inf file of the driver file in order for it to be detected by Win 8. What is the make and model of the computer?

Here is another link with an easier solution. The link for the driver is bad. I believe he linking to this one. Good Luck.

#3 paulos123

paulos123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

thank a lot.......much appreciated

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,659 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:44 AM

Did this work for you? If you have not done what was posted in the link, please post back and give BC an update. It will help other people with the same issue.

#5 lrddread

lrddread

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:59 AM

I just tried this and it works with windows 10 on my gateway laptop that only had drivers for vista. I used the file from the line that starts with HERE below and also used that here link for the solution and it works perfect. Make sure you don't install catalyst(spelling?) control center at the end as its not needed I don't think and it probably won't work in win10 anyway.

Your text file listed the video controller as

Name: Video Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71E2&SUBSYS_04011462&REV_00\4&31746392&0&0178
   Driver: n/a

This is a AMD X1600 series card. Unfortunately, the latest available OS for this video controller on the AMD website is Windows 7. Nothing is available for Windows 8.

But, I did find this thread where a poster was able to get the card to work under Windows 8. Read throught the whole thread. You may have to edit the inf file of the driver file in order for it to be detected by Win 8. What is the make and model of the computer?

Here is another link with an easier solution. The link for the driver is bad. I believe he linking to this one. Good Luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users