Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue with Steam Store

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dotFoxx

dotFoxx

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:33 AM

Howdy, I am having an issue with the Steam application on my computer (running Windows 7 64bit). I am unable to access most of the Steam Store through the application, however when I visit the website, I can access everything just fine. This is only a minor inconvenience for me, but I would like to resolve the issue. I have finished the Malware removal process, the topic can be found here

On the Store page of the application, the two sections titled "New on Steam" and "Recently Updated" do not display any games. The area under the titles are blank. In the section where advertisements for featured games should be (above the two previously mentioned sections), the area is also blank with just a scroll bar below it.

I can click on most games on the Store page under these sections, however, if the game requires an age verification and I enter my D.O.B., clicking the Enter button does nothing. The loading circle at the top of the page flashes and then goes away, leaving me on the age verification page.

When going through the deals of the week, I can only access the first page of discounted games. Clicking on the next page number does nothing. Again, the loading circle will flash, but nothing seems to have changed.

If I want to search for a specific game, the text inside of the search bar does not disappear and I have to manually delete that text to search for the game.

In the topic I created to remove any Malware on my computer, I was instructed to refresh my Steam Files by executing the steam flushconfig command via Run. The problem is still present after doing so.

Any help is appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dotFoxx

dotFoxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

The problem seems to have worked itself out somehow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users