Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dictionary Software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 liquidmonkey

liquidmonkey

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 02:56 AM

hi,

i'm looking to make a dictionary, or rather a math dictionary and would like to have any input on some good software that would be able to do this.
first prize would be if it was free but all suggestions are good.

and maybe i'm dreaming but would like it to be able to take in words and definitions then automatically split the word list into pages. AND if we go back and add a word, the program would then automaticaly adjust all pages accordingly.

thanks in advance :thumbsup:
win7 Ultimate 64bit
2 x 24" LG Monitors
Intel Core i7 920 with Xigmatek HDT-S1283
ASUS P6T WS PRO
12gigs of OCZ Gold XTC Triple Channel 6x2gig DDR3 1333MHz PC10600
XFX Nvidia GTX 260 core 216
Corsair TX750W
Cooler Master 690
HDD Total = F I V E TB!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:06 AM

I am not sure precisely what your requirements are. Does the programme perform a search of something, understand what it is looking for, and then automatically include it in the dictionary? What form(s) would the potential output to take (how would it be used)?
If you are willing to manually imput the word and the definition, and are not overly fussy about the output's form, for example, any database or spreadsheet application, if properly set up, should be able to hold these two fields, sort the data alphabetically upon demand, and then format the information to a second file or to a document for end-use.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users