Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU temps really high

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MADDxDOGG

MADDxDOGG

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:09 AM

my cpu temp is 139 degrees is that bad or good and how do i lower the temp

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 671 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:54 AM

139 degrees fahrenheit, (which is 59.4 degrees celsius), is fine.

#3 ICT_Tech

ICT_Tech

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:44 PM

Processers usually run between 40 °C up to 50 °C which is normal 60 °C and above is to high and if it hits 100 °C the processor will normally cut out as it can not cope with such heat.

my suggestion is if confident and competent to strip machine, clean heat sink and cpu of old compound and add new compound to heat sink and cpu including cleaning out the fan and heat sink of dust and fibbers.

or if not confident which may be the case from this post to take it to a friend or computer shop for this to be done.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,859 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:59 PM

Well...the max operating temp for any number of CPUs is 100-102...so nothing would be indicated if the CPU temps were recorded at 80 Celsius or less.  There is no absolute max operating ceiling that can be applied to every CPU and an arbitrary statement that 60 Celsius is "too high"...just isn't factual.

FWIW:  You can find the max operating temp for most CPUs by using Google and looking up the CPU entry at www.cpu-world.com.

Louis

#5 ICT_Tech

ICT_Tech

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:27 PM

Thanks for the facts website I went on speccy up until this point In time I found my own statistics and facts as well Here  

but you should agree that a processor running at 139 degrees is ludicrous and such heat is not any good for the processor and will eventually cook the processor and make the machine inoperable.

the best advise was given to check the compound and heat sink. and clean up fan and heat sink of dust and fibbers?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,859 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:16 PM

As pointed out by SpywareDoc...139 Fahrenheit (remember that most utilities give the user the choice between using Fahrenheit or Celsius for readings) is nothing I would be concerned about, since that falls into the max operating range for any CPU that I can look up.

I'd like for the OP to tell us what CPU is in the system...and whether his system is set for Fahrenheit or Celsius...before I suggest any action.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users